Myanmar finally reached its goal of attracting 1 million visitors for the first time, in 2012, according to an official from the Ministry of Hotels and Tourism.
Last Updated on Sunday, 06 January 2013 01:41
Foreign tourist arrivals to Myanmar’s Shwedagon Pagoda reached the 300,000 mark in 2012, statistics show.
Last Updated on Thursday, 03 January 2013 21:37
A cruise ship M.V Minerva from Britain carrying more than 300 tourists arrived at Yangon Port, Myanmar on December 26 for the second time to make an excursion around the country.
Last Updated on Monday, 31 December 2012 08:15
Although Shwedagon Pagoda has a strict dress code for foreign tourists, no particular type of clothing has been specified for them, according to the pagoda's office chief Win Kyaing.
Last Updated on Thursday, 03 January 2013 17:16
More foreign visitors have been taking Yangon’s circular train for city tours, according to the Myanmar Railway Central Station.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 26 December 2012 14:56
Tourism Latest News
- Ecotourism zone, hotel zone and religious zone to build in Mon State
- Myanmar to review 1992 tourism law
- Tourism industry will play an important role
- Visa-on-arrival now available for 48 countries
- Booming tourism urges amending tourism law
- Inlay Hotel Zone to be implemented in Nyaungshwe
- Bagan visitors given three sites for temple dining, official says
- Tourism must be more than a business, minister says
- Irrawaddy dolphins return to Mingun after 10-year absence
- Tour guides should protect Bagan's cultural heritage