The number of tourists arriving through Yangon International Airport rose more than 50 percent last year compared to 2011, the Ministry of Hotels and Tourism said.
Last Updated on Thursday, 24 January 2013 15:01
Twenty-two countries have requested that the government expand its visa-on-arrival scheme to businesspeople from their countries, Immigration Minister Khin Yi said.
Last Updated on Thursday, 24 January 2013 15:06
Myanmar Ministry of Religious Affairs has relaxed its policy allowing all travelling agencies to provide service for Bodh Gaya trip, according to the Union of Myanmar Travel Association (UMTA).
Last Updated on Sunday, 20 January 2013 22:24
The Ministry of Hotels and Tourism has introduced a special rate cap of US$50 per night for accommodations during the upcoming Southeast Asia (SEA) Games late this year, an official at the ministry said.
Last Updated on Thursday, 24 January 2013 16:12
The sales of Myanmar handmade souvenirs shops in Bogyoke Aung San Market hit an unprecedented heigh during this high season
Last Updated on Saturday, 19 January 2013 18:12
Tourism Latest News
- Ecotourism zone, hotel zone and religious zone to build in Mon State
- Myanmar to review 1992 tourism law
- Tourism industry will play an important role
- Visa-on-arrival now available for 48 countries
- Booming tourism urges amending tourism law
- Inlay Hotel Zone to be implemented in Nyaungshwe
- Bagan visitors given three sites for temple dining, official says
- Tourism must be more than a business, minister says
- Irrawaddy dolphins return to Mingun after 10-year absence
- Tour guides should protect Bagan's cultural heritage