Published on Saturday, 24 August 2013 17:05
A football stadium seen under construction in Chanmyathazi township in Mandalay on August 22 (Photo - EMG)
The Ministry of Hotels and Tourism has made changes in hotel charges to media, observer and sports fan for foreigners depending on the region during the Southeast Asian Games (SEA Games).
The media permitted by the Olympic Committee need to send their lists to Myanmar Olympic Committee and the Myanmar Olympic Committee will carry out according to the list, expressed in the release of the Ministry of Sports.
“The hotel charges for media and observer are charged as US$55 in Naypyitaw, US$75 in Yangon, Mandalay and Ngwe Saung, and they have to send list during August 15 to September 30, 2013. For the sports fan, the charges are US$70 in Naypyitaw, US$150 in Yangon, US$100 in Mandalay and Ngwe Saung, and they have to send list during August 15 to October 31,” said Myint Tun Oo of the Ministry of Hotels and Tourism.
The hotel charges for international invited guests, team administrators, referees, juries, media, observers and sports fans will be coordinated according to the location and types, he added.
Tourism Latest News
- Hotels ready to accommodate local and foreign media
- MIC grants a hotel project in Dawei
- Hotels to charge current prices for SEA Games
- Tourism master plan predicts 1.5 million jobs in seven years
- Tourists asked to respect rules when visiting heritage sites
- Myawady border bridge to extend opening hours
- Historic U Bein Bridge in Mandalay in a ruinous state
- Disappointment, complaints mar popular festival
- Hotels nearly overbooked as tourists flock to Bagan
- Thai celebrities to visit Myanmar for pre-SEA Games activity