Published on Thursday, 07 February 2013 17:25
Inlay Hotel zone project will be developed in an area of 622 acres near Ingyin Kone village about 15 mile southeast of NyaungShwe Township on NyaungShwe- Nanpan- Lowikaw motor road, the Finance Minister from Shan State Government said at a press conference held on February 5.
Hotel construction was not allowed in the Inlay Lak and its bank as it was already crowded. For that reason, a slope linking from south to north in Nyaungshwe has been chosen as hotel zone, the minister said.
The Ministry of Hotel and Tourism rented the proposed site from the government for 30 years and paid over 56 million Kyat for compensation to 65 farmers from six villages.
Tourism Latest News
- Ecotourism zone, hotel zone and religious zone to build in Mon State
- Myanmar to review 1992 tourism law
- Tourism industry will play an important role
- Visa-on-arrival now available for 48 countries
- Booming tourism urges amending tourism law
- Inlay Hotel Zone to be implemented in Nyaungshwe
- Bagan visitors given three sites for temple dining, official says
- Tourism must be more than a business, minister says
- Irrawaddy dolphins return to Mingun after 10-year absence
- Tour guides should protect Bagan's cultural heritage