Published on Thursday, 07 February 2013 17:25
Inlay Hotel zone project will be developed in an area of 622 acres near Ingyin Kone village about 15 mile southeast of NyaungShwe Township on NyaungShwe- Nanpan- Lowikaw motor road, the Finance Minister from Shan State Government said at a press conference held on February 5.
Hotel construction was not allowed in the Inlay Lak and its bank as it was already crowded. For that reason, a slope linking from south to north in Nyaungshwe has been chosen as hotel zone, the minister said.
The Ministry of Hotel and Tourism rented the proposed site from the government for 30 years and paid over 56 million Kyat for compensation to 65 farmers from six villages.
Tourism Latest News
- Hotels to charge current prices for SEA Games
- Tourism master plan predicts 1.5 million jobs in seven years
- Tourists asked to respect rules when visiting heritage sites
- Myawady border bridge to extend opening hours
- Historic U Bein Bridge in Mandalay in a ruinous state
- Disappointment, complaints mar popular festival
- Hotels nearly overbooked as tourists flock to Bagan
- Thai celebrities to visit Myanmar for pre-SEA Games activity
- Tourist arrivals increase by 83 percent in three years
- Mount Zwekabin attracts more foreign tourists