Published on Tuesday, 11 December 2012 19:50
A group of tourists seen before getting on the bus from Nyaung U to Bagan (Photo - Ko Naw (Bagan)/EMG)
Various service sectors in Bagan have failed to meet the demands of an increasing number of foreign tourists, sources from the tourism industry say.
Some tourists have been unable to book flights due to an increase in domestic flight demand.
"We have to make arrangements for [the tourists] to travel by car from Bagan to Inle Lake and Taunggyi because of flight booking difficulties," said a general manager from a tour company.
A tour guide also said extra arrangements for hotels had to be made for tourists while tour guides end up staying in or with friends.
Many tour guides fear that tourists will be turned off due to the failure of the service sector to meet rising demand.
Tourism Latest News
- Ecotourism zone, hotel zone and religious zone to build in Mon State
- Myanmar to review 1992 tourism law
- Tourism industry will play an important role
- Visa-on-arrival now available for 48 countries
- Booming tourism urges amending tourism law
- Inlay Hotel Zone to be implemented in Nyaungshwe
- Bagan visitors given three sites for temple dining, official says
- Tourism must be more than a business, minister says
- Irrawaddy dolphins return to Mingun after 10-year absence
- Tour guides should protect Bagan's cultural heritage