- Myanmar to allow tourists through Kayin border
- Peninsula group to open hotel in Yangon
- French firm to invest in Myanmar’s tourism industry
- Japanese business travellers flock to Myanmar
- Tourists to Inle region surge 50 percent
- Inle floating market nearly disappearing
- Mandalay to build 20 hotels providing over 1400 rooms
- More passports issued in this summer
- Myanmar starts online tour guide services
- Discovering traditional water festival in Myanmar
Published on Monday, 10 December 2012 22:17
A group of 29 balloon enthusiasts from various countries including Germany, Australia, and France will participate in the 15th annual hot air balloon event in Myanmar for 19 days, according to Golden Express.
Led by Swiss businessman, Peter Blaser, the group will tour over Inlay Lake, Phae Khone, Loikaw, Heho, Mandalay and Sagaing with six balloons from December 21 to January 8.
"We have arranged for them to fly twice a day in the early morning and around sunset. They also wanted to go to Mrauk U, but we couldn't make arrangements for them. If something happened to them, we have to take responsibility so we cannot guarantee [their safety]," said Tint Naung, the managing director of Golden Express Tours.
"They can only fly for one hour as we have to follow them with 3 Dyna cars to carry the balloons and cars for the group," he added.
The group includes seven people to fly the balloons and two men to make parachute jumps, he said.
The group has been touring Myanmar by balloon every year since 1999.