The government of Myanmar has issued an Aide Memoire to the Malaysian Ambassador on Tuesday urging them to investigate recent attacks made on Myanmar citizens according to local media.
Last Updated on Sunday, 09 June 2013 10:49
The chairman of the Zomi Democracy League party, Pu Chin Sian Thang has criticized the 2008 constitution for ignoring federal principles during a workshop in Yangon on Sunday.
Last Updated on Sunday, 09 June 2013 10:40
Myanmar will celebrate its Union Day, which is likely to be a first ever event to be attended by all ethnic armed groups, including the Kachin Independence Organization (KIO), which has yet to agreed a ceasefire with the government, according to the Myanmar Peace Center.
Last Updated on Saturday, 09 February 2013 21:24
The government needs to practice transparency in relocating Myanmar migrants at refugee camps in Thailand, a prominent activist from The Forum for Democracy in Burma (FDB) said.
Last Updated on Saturday, 09 February 2013 23:33
Myanmar's opposition leader says she hasn’t been offered to participate in peace efforts to end fighting in the northern state of Kachin.
Last Updated on Saturday, 09 February 2013 21:20
Politics Latest News
- More political prisoners in Myanmar these days: political analysts
- Myanmar MP's propose to abolish Section 18
- Suu Kyi discusses peace, federal, drugs issues with Shan leaders
- State security guards should be formed if 2008 Constitution amended: Shan says
- Kachin Parliament calls for public engagement in peace talks
- Workshop on 2008 Constitution amendment to be held
- Now is opportune moment for foreign investors: President
- Parliament to raise issue of Myanmar migrant workers in Malaysia if delegation’s tasks incomplete: MP
- Ruling party says ‘coalition govt’ with Suu Kyi-led NLD is likely
- Myanmar religious violence for political gain: Experts