Published on Thursday, 20 June 2013 21:40
Myanmar’s national judo team will compete in the International Judo Tournament to be held in Thailand from July 25 to 29, according to the Myanmar Judo Federation.
The team is currently undergoing extensive training in preparation for the South East Asian (SEA) Games to be hosted in Myanmar in December 2013.
The national judo team, led by two Japanese coaches and five Myanmar coaches, is made up of 33 judokas including 18 men and 15 women athletes. Selected players went to Japan earlier this year for a one month joint training and will be undergoing further extensive training in September and October. A friendly judo match ahead of the SEA Games will also be held in August.
Myanmar’s judo team won one gold medal, six silver medals and two bronze in the 26th SEA Games in Indonesia in 2011.
Politics Latest News
- U.N. to discuss child soldiers with ethnic armed groups
- Parliament receives suggestions on amending presidential qualifications
- Turning a blind eye for amending of Constitution may be a crime - Union Assembly Speaker
- Conflicts could escalate into sexual violence: Suu Kyi
- Suu Kyi to attend global health summit in Qatar
- Chin ethnics flee Myanmar en masse to avoid human rights abuse, political insecurity
- Myanmar to establish work committee for emergence of all-inclusive union conference
- Thein Sein visits the Philippines
- Corruption, bribery “embedded” in Myanmar judiciary system, says ICJ report
- More than 80 prisoners to be scrutinized for report to president