YANGON - Aung San Suu Kyi will attend the World Innovation Summit for Health to be held in Doha, Qatar, on December 10th and 11th.
Last Updated on Friday, 06 December 2013 19:59
YANGON—More than 100,000 Chin ethnic people have fled Myanmar due to human rights abuses and political insecurity, Lyan Bwe Hsan from the Chin Human Rights Organization said yesterday at the Chin National Conference.
Last Updated on Friday, 06 December 2013 19:46
NAY PYI TAW—President Thein Sein left Nay Pyi Taw yesterday for the Philippines to pay a goodwill visit at the invitation of Filipino president Benigno Aquino, according to the President’s Office website.
Last Updated on Thursday, 05 December 2013 21:16
YANGON—Myanmar will set up a work committee by the end of this month to push for the emergence of a union conference with all national forces—including parliament, government, the military and ethnic armed groups, a member of the preparatory work group tasked with establishing the committee said yesterday.
Last Updated on Friday, 06 December 2013 16:56
Corruptions and bribery remain embedded in Myanmar’s judiciary system and the government and authorities continue to interfere in politically sensitive cases, the International Commission of Jurists said in a report released on Tuesday.
Last Updated on Thursday, 05 December 2013 20:49
Politics Latest News
- Suu Kyi to attend global health summit in Qatar
- Chin ethnics flee Myanmar en masse to avoid human rights abuse, political insecurity
- Myanmar to establish work committee for emergence of all-inclusive union conference
- Thein Sein visits the Philippines
- Corruption, bribery “embedded” in Myanmar judiciary system, says ICJ report
- More than 80 prisoners to be scrutinized for report to president
- Most military personnel will support charter change if clearly explained – Suu Kyi
- Suu Kyi responds to Thein Sein’s comment on four-way summit
- Constitution to be discussed following ceasefire - Aung Min
- Workshop explores role of fundraising for political parties