State-owned Myanmar Airways skidded off the runway on landing at the Kawthaung Airport in southern Myanmar on Monday due to a hydraulic system failure. No injuries were reported.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 12 June 2013 20:01
An eight-member delegation led by the Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs and the Deputy Minister of Labour flew to Malaysia yesterday on a fact-finding mission after a series of violent attacks on migrant workers from Myanmar.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 12 June 2013 19:51
Myanmar migrants working in Malaysia are living in fear after a series of attacks on targeting citizens began on May 30 leaving 6 dead and another 12 injured according to local sources.
Last Updated on Thursday, 13 June 2013 17:05
Vice-President Dr. Sai Mauk Kham spoke out about the culture of corruption in Myanmar in a workshop on June 10. The workshop was organised by Transparency International and hosted in the Myanmar International Convention Centre in the capital Nay Pyi Taw.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 12 June 2013 19:03
Myanmar Press Council strongly criticized the draft of Public Service Media (PSM) bill saying that it looks like a collection of the information ministry’s desires, rather than media law.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 11 June 2013 20:42
National Latest News
- White elephant tests Thai-Myanmar bilateral relations
- Myanmar rights group faces challenges over police torture
- '88 Generation leaders to attend Toronto summit
- Win Aung to serve another term as chairman of Myanmar's commerce chambers
- 25 more Myanmar migrant workers return home
- Yangon's 'Michaung Kan' evictions draw widespread criticism
- Myanmar’s new central bank law to be approved next month
- Myanmar to update 1988 Organizations Law
- Evicted families and students face difficulties
- Myanmar and Thailand universities participate in Education Fair