On the surface, the capital of Myanmar looks like a modern city with its broad roads, leafy manicured environment, high speed wi-fi at a sprawling international convention centre, and a cavernous modern airport.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 27 November 2013 13:01
Intel this past week brought together experts from the United States, Southeast Asia and elsewhere in Asia, as well as local regulatory authorities, for a two-day workshop on the practical and technical operations of broadband and universal services funds (USFs) in Myanmar.
Last Updated on Saturday, 02 November 2013 22:12
Qatar-based Ooredoo, recently chosen to operate private telecom service in Myanmar, said yesterday the company is ready to compete with another telecom service tender winner Norway-based Telenor and Myanmar Post and Telecommunication (MPT).
Last Updated on Sunday, 18 August 2013 08:50
Myanmar's devices market will soon take centre stage as the country hurtles towards becoming an ICT-driven nation, according to International Data Corp's (IDC) latest study, "Myanmar Mobile Phone, PC, and Tablet 2013-2017 Forecast and Analysis".
Last Updated on Saturday, 05 October 2013 16:50
Myanmar's notoriously slow internet connection has been reduced to a snail's pace since July 22 affecting businesses that are beginning to rely on the new information and communication services available via the world wide web.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 21 August 2013 13:25
Science & Tech Latest News
- Coming soon: Myanmar online
- Intel hosts Myanmar workshop
- Myanmar's personal devices market set to explode: IDC
- Ooredoo is ready to compete with Telenor or MPT
- Internet connection in Myanmar down to crawling speed
- Myanmar to set up Wi-Fi free zones during the SEA Games
- MPT and MEC to sell SIM cards for July
- Low-cost SIM-cards with actual price to be available next seventh month
- Myanmar likely to cut back local calling rate
- Digicel promises to start 4G mobile network in December