Published on Monday, 31 December 2012 08:13
Authorities’ safeguard essentially needs to terminate the violation against women in Myanmar.
General secretary of the Myanmar Women Entrepreneurs Association Dr Khin Mar Tun said the above statement during the Gender-based Violence seminar on December 26, at Sedona Hotel, Yangon.
Myanmar Women Entrepreneurs Association (MWEA) was founded in 1995, supported by the European Commission.
The organisation is the strategic alliance of business and academic women in Myanmar for women development in the challenges of global society.
Wearing beyond sophisticated and sexy style is one of the facts to encourage the male’s libido, which in turn, leading violations, said Khin Mar Tun, “although wearing style is the individual right”, urging to preserve the Myanmar women culture.
She also stressed the role of males’ participation in gender-based violence and the important roles of authorities, police groups, health departments, and non-government organizations.
The MP Nyo Nyo Thin organized the discussion to terminate the violence against women in Myanmar, policies and protection against violation and human trafficking and the prostitutions rights during the seminar.
She represented the National Democratic Force party in 2010 and one of the well-known opposition MP in the Yangon Region Parliament.
Crime Latest News
- Swiss killed in Myanmar car crash
- Legal actions set against misleading job promises in S. Africa
- Myanmar’s deadly railways claim more than 200 lives in 2 years
- Driving rule breakers to face lifetime suspension of driver licenses
- Eight telecom officials face criminal charges, police say
- Myanmar Police seize illegal drugs worth $2.3m in Yangon
- Landmine attack on Mandalay-bound train sparks panic
- South Korean found dead in suspected suicide
- Two customs officials penalized for arm shipment case
- Mines ministry drops lawsuit against local news journal