- Local farmers prepares to plough on disputed farmlands
- Legislations for better transport system of Yangon in the pipeline
- Father of Kachin war's victim still on trial for alleged false complaint
- Myanmar to participate in ASEAN Self-Certification Pilot Project
- Myanmar prepares for ASEAN Chair 2014
- Parliament approves 60-day extension of state of emergency order in Meikhtila
- EMG to sue mysterious blogger Dr Seik Phwar
- Govt pushes for Kyaukphyu-Muse railway project without public notification
- MTN to provide assistance to other sectors if selected as operator
- Buddha images stolen in Bagan
Published on Thursday, 21 March 2013 18:06
A group led by the former Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra arrived in Dawei this morning by private jet from Yangon.
Sources say he is visiting to discuss the Dawei Deep Seaport Project. He and his crew were welcomed by project development committee members at Dawei Airport.
Details of his visit have not been officially released.