Published on Thursday, 25 July 2013 00:32
A crowd of people waiting to draw lots for 1500K mobile SIM card in a ward of Thingangyun Township
Myanmar Post and Telecommunications (MPT) and Myanmar Economic Corporation (MEC) will work together to distribute SIM cards on July 25, according to Kyaw Soe, headmaster of the Telecommunication and Posts Training School.
MEC sold K 1,500 CDMA 800 MHz SIM cards for three months and now the MEC and MPT is planned to corporate for the selling of SIM cards in July.
“MPT will not sell alone. We still don’t know how many SIM cards will be sold for Yangon region. We will announce if we know the amount. The decision can’t be made alone and we have to negotiate with MEC,” he said.
MPT will sell 200,000 GSM SIM cards and MEC will sell 150,000 CDMA 800 MHz SIM cards. The price will be 1,500 kyats per SIM card.
The SIM cards will be sold with lucky draw just like the previous times and MPT didn’t announce which township will sell GSM and CDMA 800 MHz SIM cards.
MEC start sold K 1,500 CDMA 800 MHz SIM cards on April 24, 2013.
National Latest News
- Myanmar deploys warships for SEA Games security
- Ancient stone inscription found in Myittha
- Anti-mine activists on trial for Chinese flag burning
- ICRC to carry out police training in Rakhine State
- KIA arrest civilians in villages around Mansi
- Myanmar-Laos Friendship Bridge to be completed by 2015
- National education seminar held in Yangon
- Government approves renovation of Yangon Railway Station
- Diplomats make debut venture into Shan State
- Indian Ambassador meets Kachin State officials