Published on Sunday, 30 June 2013 01:45
A pharmacy inside Bogyoke Market (Photo - EMG)
India's advances in Myanmar's pharmaceutical market has prompted others in the industry to explore the possibility of doing business in the country.
In addition to India, China, Thailand, and Korea’s pharmaceuticals can be found at the market. Countries such as Italy, Japan, Syria, Pakistan and Vietnam have expressed interest in doing business in pharmaceuticals sector in Myanmar and they will be in Myanmar for discussions about that.
“Those pharmaceuticals which are not yet in the local market are planning to hold a seminar in Myanmar. Together with the seminar, their products will be launched here. Moreover, medicines for hospital use will also be showcased here. About 10 countries are planning to visit here. They have keen interest in Myanmar’s pharmaceutical sector and that’s why they will come for that matter. They are also looking for local partners. Those companies are connecting with over 30 foreign countries,” said joint secretary Dr. Thin Nwe Win of Myanmar Pharmaceutical and Medical Equipment Entrepreneurs Association.
Foreign pharmaceutical producing companies have been coming to Nay Pyi Taw to discuss about rules and regulations as to pharmaceutical business in Myanmar with the Directorate of Investment and Companies Registration of Ministry of National Planning and Economic Development, according to the responsible officials.
National Latest News
- France to partner in Myanmar Journalism School
- China has not issued formal complaint over flag-burning incident
- Yangon protestors’ camp ordered to shut down
- 13,000 flee their villages in northern Myanmar: KPN
- Migyaungkan protestors, workers clash at dispute site
- Renovation of Mahabandoola Park to be finished in March
- Shoe factory workers on strike for wage increase
- Farmers campaign against land confiscations at Ngwe Saung Beach
- Experts suggest downtown Yangon to designate as cultural zone
- Thein Phyu building project is a sign of dictatorship still alive: MLN