Published on Thursday, 20 June 2013 22:14
President Thein Sein received a Thai delegation led by Mr Somsak Kiatsuranont, Speaker of Parliament, on June 19 at the Presidential Palace in Nay Pyi Taw.
The meeting focussed on strengthening the bilateral friendship between the neighbouring countries and highlighted visits between leaders in the armed forces and improving trade relations. Also present at the meeting were Union Ministers Wunna Maung Lwin, Aung Kyi and Soe Maung and officials from the Thai Parliament.
The President also outlined an offer for more Thai businessmen who want to invest in Myanmar's Dawei deep sea port project. The Speaker of Thai Parliament also met with Khin Aung Myint, the Speaker of Union Assembly to discuss mutual cooperation between the two Parliaments and questions around the Dawei deep sea port.
National Latest News
- Myanmar deploys warships for SEA Games security
- Ancient stone inscription found in Myittha
- Anti-mine activists on trial for Chinese flag burning
- ICRC to carry out police training in Rakhine State
- KIA arrest civilians in villages around Mansi
- Myanmar-Laos Friendship Bridge to be completed by 2015
- National education seminar held in Yangon
- Government approves renovation of Yangon Railway Station
- Diplomats make debut venture into Shan State
- Indian Ambassador meets Kachin State officials