Published on Thursday, 20 June 2013 21:43
Around 12 students from the National Culture and Art University are planning to attend an ASEAN youth gathering in Japan later this month.
Japan is one of the leading investors in Myanmar and is looking to promote cultural cooperation among ASEAN member states and Japan. Students have been selected based on educational qualification, language skill and abilities in fine arts according to the Ministry of Culture.
“We have already selected the students. They are from Yangon and Mandalay National Culture and Art University. We will leave here on June 23 and arrive back on June 30th,” said a official from the National Culture and Art University.
Discussions on cultural exchanges will take place between ten ASEAN countries and will include classical music performance from each country.
It is the third time Myanmar students have attended the weekend-long gathering of ASEAN youth. The first get-together was held in March 2012 and the second was took place on May 25 this year.
National Latest News
- Experts suggest downtown Yangon to designate as cultural zone
- Thein Phyu building project is a sign of dictatorship still alive: MLN
- Women themselves must fight to enhance their roles - Suu Kyi
- Myanmar losing forests at fast pace, say reports
- Buddhist monks face legal action for protesting
- Thirteen killed in fresh skirmishes between gov’t troops, Kachin rebels
- Eleven Media introduces news mobile app
- Residents facing eviction to stage protest against housing project
- Myanmar to increase mobile penetration rate to 50%
- More flyovers to reduce traffic in Yangon - Minister