Published on Friday, 04 January 2013 16:47
The National League for Democracy (NLD), Myanmar’s major opposition party, is planning to publish a daily newspaper, said Ohn Kyaing, a former journalist and party member.
Ohn Kyaing, publisher of the party’s D Wave Weekly Journal, also sits as a member of parliament.
He said the publication will also be called “D Wave”, adding that it will be objective and publish various views.
Earlier on December 30, NLD chairman Aung San Suu Kyi, revealed plans to turn D Wave into a daily publication following the government’s recent decision to allow daily newspapers starting April. Over the past five decades, the government strictly controlled the media and banned private newspapers.
National Latest News
- Anti-mine activists on trial for Chinese flag burning
- ICRC to carry out police training in Rakhine State
- KIA arrest civilians in villages around Mansi
- Myanmar-Laos Friendship Bridge to be completed by 2015
- National education seminar held in Yangon
- Government approves renovation of Yangon Railway Station
- Diplomats make debut venture into Shan State
- Indian Ambassador meets Kachin State officials
- Land grabbing the biggest issue in Myanmar says rights group
- Cyclone Madi will not hit Myanmar