Published on Friday, 09 November 2012 17:53
Photo - Injured people seen in hospital
Over one hundred people were injured on November 1 when a monastery collapsed in Magwe Region in central Myanmar.
The incident took place during a “Kahtein” donation ceremony at LayHtat monastery in Minbu Township.
The building collapsed in the evening when the participants went downstairs after the ceremony was over, injuring 115.
The injured, most of whom were women and elderly, were rushed to two hospitals.
National Latest News
- White elephant tests Thai-Myanmar bilateral relations
- Myanmar rights group faces challenges over police torture
- '88 Generation leaders to attend Toronto summit
- Win Aung to serve another term as chairman of Myanmar's commerce chambers
- 25 more Myanmar migrant workers return home
- Yangon's 'Michaung Kan' evictions draw widespread criticism
- Myanmar’s new central bank law to be approved next month
- Myanmar to update 1988 Organizations Law
- Evicted families and students face difficulties
- Myanmar and Thailand universities participate in Education Fair