Published on Saturday, 24 August 2013 22:02
Korean Broadcasting System (KBS), a South Korean radio and television network will film a documentary on the 1983 Martyrs' Mausoleum bombing in Yangon, the former capital of Myanmar, according to local sources.
It will be shot jointly by a Korean director and Maung Myo Min (Yin Twin Phyit), one of Myanmar's famous award-winning directors, and the documentary will be distribute worldwide.
The production is scheduled to be completed before October 9 this year and will be shown internationally to mark the 30th anniversary of the bombing.
"It's now 30 years after the Martyrs' Mausoleum bombing in Yangon. We have discussed in this month to jointly shoot a documentary about it. The KBS will be a key partner in it. I and a Korean director will take care of it. We will now start collecting necessary information about it. The shooting is planned to start soon. A Korean crew will come to Myanmar soon. It will be also shown internationally," said Maung Myo Min.
The bombing was an assassination attempt against the fifth President of South Korea Chun Doo-hwan who was on an official visit to Yangon. The huge blast that took place on October 9, 1983 had killed 21 people and wounding 46 others.
Lifestyle Latest News
- China-Myanmar ties highlighted in TV series on Pyu-era love story
- Yangon moves to protect nature
- Glimpses of the new Myanmar
- Myanmar writers establish PEN Myanmar
- Artists honour Bokalay Tint Aung with sculpture, painting ceremony
- India to host Myanmar Film Festival in 2014
- Film Festival celebrates 60 years of Myanmar-Israel ties
- British day out in Yangon
- Myanmar hip-hop star to attend ASEAN-Japan music festival
- Myanmar Sai and famous French music band jointly entertained