Published on Wednesday, 19 June 2013 20:43
An international billiard and snooker tournament is to be held in the capital Naypyidaw in preparation for the South East Asian games in December, according to an official with the Myanmar Snooker and Billiard Federation.
“The international billiard and snooker for Pre SEA Games is to be held in Naypyidaw in August and we are officially inviting Thailand, Vietnam, Laos, Singapore and Philippines to participate,” said Myanmar coach Pauk Sa.
Myanmar has selected six men for billiards, four men for snooker and two men to play carom. Four men and four women will also play pool events at the preliminary stage. The teams are being trained by two Myanmar coaches, as well as an English and Korean coach.
Lifestyle Latest News
- Maha Bandoola Garden in Yangon attracts more people
- China-Myanmar ties highlighted in TV series on Pyu-era love story
- Yangon moves to protect nature
- Glimpses of the new Myanmar
- Myanmar writers establish PEN Myanmar
- Artists honour Bokalay Tint Aung with sculpture, painting ceremony
- India to host Myanmar Film Festival in 2014
- Film Festival celebrates 60 years of Myanmar-Israel ties
- British day out in Yangon
- Myanmar hip-hop star to attend ASEAN-Japan music festival