Published on Friday, 21 December 2012 20:43
Miss Myanmar Nang Khin Zay Yar has protested sex education magazine Nhyot’s publication of her photos without her permission.
Nang Khin Zay Yar represented the country at the Miss International Beauty Pageant 2012 held in Okinawa, Japan, on October 21. She won the People’s Choice Award and the Miss Internet Award at the contest.
Use of her photos by the magazine created a stir in the country.
Nang Khin Zay Yar wrote on her Facebook page that she had lodged a complaint with the magazine for using her photos without taking her permission.
Although she respects the media for connecting the celebrities with the people, she said the magazine should have sought her permission before using the photos.
The magazine has earned a “different” kind reputation for its erotic articles and images, she said, adding: “Since I'm the Miss Myanmar, it may give people a wrong impression about me.”
Lifestyle Latest News
- South Korean film company to build cinemas in Yangon
- Myanmar film-festival turns spotlight on human rights
- Myanmar cinemas to become digitalized
- Japanese girl band to perform in Yangon next month
- Suu Kyi encourages youths to read more
- Special acting class for ethnic groups opens in Myanmar
- Myanmar puppet troupe to join Chiang Mai’s International Puppets Festival
- Naga Festival sees few visitors this year
- Myanmar’s first animal refuge centre to open soon
- Zoo offers close encounter with elephants