Published on Sunday, 09 December 2012 05:16
Miss Myanmar Nan Khin Zay Yar taking part in Free Funeral Service Society (Yangon)
Miss Myanmar Nan Khin Zay Yar is now volunteering twice monthly for the Free Funeral Service Society (Yangon).
Nan Khin Zay Yar represented as Miss Myanmar at the Miss International Beauty Pageant 2012, held in Okinawa, Japan, on October 21. She won the People’s Choice Award and the Miss Internet Award at the contest.
She joined the FFSS on December 2 to participate in its activities. On her arrival, she signed to register in the members’ list, received the organisation brooch and an ID card.
Her first service for the FFSS was transporting the dead body of U Zaw Moe Oo, 44, from San Pya General Hospital to Yae Way Cemetery. As a second service, she took part in carrying the dead body of Daw Khin Mya, 87, from his home to the Yae Way Cemetery.
“I’m really interested in charitable work and am eager to serve. Kyaw Thu, the president and founder of the FFSS, is one of the persons I admire. I’m inspired by his altruistic spirit in funeral services. That’s why I joined the organization,” said Nan Khin Zay Yar. She invited her fans to participate in charitable works.
The Free Funeral Service Society Yangon was established in January 2001. Since then, the organisation has rendered more than 80,000 funeral services.
Lifestyle Latest News
- South Korean film company to build cinemas in Yangon
- Myanmar film-festival turns spotlight on human rights
- Myanmar cinemas to become digitalized
- Japanese girl band to perform in Yangon next month
- Suu Kyi encourages youths to read more
- Special acting class for ethnic groups opens in Myanmar
- Myanmar puppet troupe to join Chiang Mai’s International Puppets Festival
- Naga Festival sees few visitors this year
- Myanmar’s first animal refuge centre to open soon
- Zoo offers close encounter with elephants