- Padauk blossoms in Yangon carrying contentment
- Mothers’ day
- Wedding bell rings for local hip-hop star
- MMPO to attend Asian Art Week in China
- Myanmar band to participate in ASEAN Music Fair
- Now TV Hong Kong shoots documentary about Myanmar’s interest of places
- Human Rights, Human Dignity, International Film Festival to be held in June
- Japan to produce Myanmar traditional instrumental albums
- Myanmar puppet stars perform at international festivals in UAE
- Ancient heritages from Myanmar ancient city of Hanlin to be preserved
Published on Friday, 07 December 2012 20:55
Two Myanmar filmmakers have received “Film Creativity and Artistic Talent” award at Asean-ROK Film Leaders Incubator: Fly programme.
Wiya and Lwin Ko Ko Oo were participants of the 14-day film workshop which began on November 12.
The workshop, held in City of Davao, Philippines, aimed to find out talented young filmmakers from the region and create the infrastructure for making films of different genres.
“The main problem was no-one had seen a Myanmar films before. The participants were amazed when they got an idea about the current situation of contemporary Myanmar films,” said Wiya.
Talking about the difficulties Myanmar filmmakers face, he said. “A key difficulty is that we do not have a professional training school on film directing.”
The Asean-Rok will support the two Myanmar directors in making films.
The two have been invited to attend Screen Authority Sapporo film festival in Japan in February.