Published on Sunday, 25 August 2013 16:39
Myanmar is planning to construct another two new deep seaports in the Tanintaryi coast and Ayeyarwady region, according to Myanmar Port Authority (MPA).
Thailand is interested to construct Kalargote deep seaport project located between Mawlamyaing and Yay in Tanintaryi coast. Singapore is also interested to invest at Ngayokekaung deep seaport located at Ngayokekaung Bay in Ayayarwady region.
Emerald Grand Hotel Group from Thailand and Super Axis Development Pte Ltd. from Singapore have signed MoU with the MPA in this month to analyse the potential to construct deep seaports in Kalargote and Ngayokekaung respectively.
In the analysis, the measurement of water resistance, ground testing, the effect of wind and tide and the overall expenses to construct a whole deep seaport are included.
Ngayokekaung deep seaport port will have the capacity to load 50,000-tonnes of goods and Kalargote deep seaport will be able to contain 30 vessels of about 50,000-tonnes, according to Chief Civil Engineer of the MPA Mya Than.
After completing the research, the MPA will decide whether the project will be conducted as a build, operate and transfer (BOT) system or a joint venture.
Industrial zones projects are included in those two projects and the MPA will cooperate with Ayeyawady regional government, Mon State government and Ministry of National Planning and Economic Development to implement the two projects.
Business Latest News
- Myanmar to legislate on computer software
- Muse bus station complex to open next year
- Thai event business helps Myanmar kick off SEA Games
- Unilever receives licence to open Myanmar branch
- Construction permits available online by 2014
- Joint venture to invest Ks 32 billion in stock exchange
- Yangon Stock Exchange to open in two years - Deputy Minister
- Chinese companies to invest in various industrial projects
- Myanmar calls to end illegal timber trade with China
- Myanmar urges China to invest in Kyauk Phyu SEZ