Published on Wednesday, 24 July 2013 20:08
Inside a garment factory in Hlaing Thayar Industrial Zone, Yangon (Photo - EMG)
Hong Kong and China will operate garment enterprises under Cutting, Making and Packing –CMP system at industrial zones in Yangon, the commercial hub of Myanmar, according to the Directorate of Investment and Companies Administration-DICA.
China-based Shanghai Donglong Feather Manufacture Company has cooperated with Dong Long (Myanmar) Garment company to carry out garment enterprises at Hlaingthayar Industrial Zone-4, Jiangsu Solamoda Garments Group at Shwe Than Lwin Industrial Zone in Hlaingthayar Township, and Hong Kong-based Kamtex Limited forming a joint venture with Myanamr Sein Pann Garment Manufacturing Company at Industrial Zone-1 in Dagon Myothit (South) respectively.
Moreover, China-based Dong Fang Star Garment Factory will cooperate with Nexstar Garment Manufacturing Company at Hlaingthayar Industrial Zone-1 and Hong Kong based AMG Factory and Archid Garment Factory Limited at Shwe Lin Pan Industrial.
“International companies are eyeing Myanmar’s market due to business reform. The US and EU countries have already demanded our garment and they are penetrating to garment enterprises with full investments at industrial zones,’’ said a businessman from Hlaingthayar industrial zone.
Japan and Korea are also high demand in local garment industry and the garment’s orders from European and the US are increased due to EU’s Generalized System of Preferences-GSP system, according to Garment entrepreneurs’ reports.
Business Latest News
- Myanmar seizes illegal goods worth Ks 3 billion
- Joint venture to invest Ks 32 billion in stock exchange
- Yangon Stock Exchange to open in two years - Deputy Minister
- Chinese companies to invest in various industrial projects
- Myanmar calls to end illegal timber trade with China
- Myanmar urges China to invest in Kyauk Phyu SEZ
- Six foreign companies receive approval for manufacturing and wood factories
- South Africa interests to invest in Myanmar
- Japan, South Korea propose to import transit buses
- Cambodian private bank has eyes on Myanmar