Published on Friday, 21 June 2013 18:36
The Yangon City plans to upgrade and expand the historic Bogoye Aung San Market, a major tourist attraction in the city's downtown area.
Yangon City Development Committee (YCDC) has announced plans to spend 350 million kyats (US$365,000) to upgrade and expand the seventy year old market, according to officials.
The indoor market is a diverse space with hundreds of shops selling jewelry, precious stones, clothing, as well as arts and crafts from around Myanmar. According to the YCDC, shopkeepers will not be asked to pay any expenses for the renovations.
Business Latest News
- FMI launches Ks 25-billion rights issue to finance projects including Thilawa SEZ
- Dawei SEZ impeded as Italian-Thai incapable to finance alone
- Myanmar allows more Asian firms to produce wood products and foodstuff
- Daiwa to help AGD bank’s transformation as public company
- Digicel, Ooredoo sign Myanmar deal to construct telecommunications towers
- New floating hotel to be opened next month
- Thilawa SEZ’s progress will determine Japanese investments — Japanese minister
- Myanmar gets US$350m from seafood export
- Myanmar to construct 2 cargo wharves at Thilawa with ODA loan
- Myanmar leases booths for international broadcasting channels