Published on Sunday, 09 June 2013 10:59
Three people including a Swiss national were killed in a car crash yesterday on the Yangon-Nay Pyi Taw expressway near milestone 185, according to officials.
"A car carrying foreigners collided with another car while overtaking on the expressway in the afternoon, killing two women and the Swiss on the spot while leaving four others injured," said Police Colonel Nay Win.
The Toyota Prado was carrying the 86 year old Swiss along with other two passengers including a Briton, aged 62 and a local translator. It collided with a car ahead while its driver Tin Win was trying to overtake.
"This could be due to the driver's sleepiness," Nay Win added.
The four injured are now at a Nay Pyi Taw hospital receiving medical treatments but their conditions are not that serious. The case is now under investigation.
Business Latest News
- Myanmar's clothing industry promises growth
- Myanmar businesses accuse construction firms of tax evasion
- Over 140 joint ventures in Myanmar's growing oil and gas sector
- Hin Leong Group to expand business in Myanmar
- SingTel and partners to create job opportunities
- China's Huawei to work with Myanmar state-owned telecom
- KIA Motors to open new showrooms in Myanmar
- UK Trade Minister stresses 4 hindrances for investments in Myanmar
- Coca-Cola to expand Myanmar factory in 2013
- Sixteen companies granted to operate the garment industry with CMP system