Published on Sunday, 09 June 2013 10:59
Three people including a Swiss national were killed in a car crash yesterday on the Yangon-Nay Pyi Taw expressway near milestone 185, according to officials.
"A car carrying foreigners collided with another car while overtaking on the expressway in the afternoon, killing two women and the Swiss on the spot while leaving four others injured," said Police Colonel Nay Win.
The Toyota Prado was carrying the 86 year old Swiss along with other two passengers including a Briton, aged 62 and a local translator. It collided with a car ahead while its driver Tin Win was trying to overtake.
"This could be due to the driver's sleepiness," Nay Win added.
The four injured are now at a Nay Pyi Taw hospital receiving medical treatments but their conditions are not that serious. The case is now under investigation.
Business Latest News
- Myanmar to legislate on computer software
- Muse bus station complex to open next year
- Thai event business helps Myanmar kick off SEA Games
- Unilever receives licence to open Myanmar branch
- Construction permits available online by 2014
- Joint venture to invest Ks 32 billion in stock exchange
- Yangon Stock Exchange to open in two years - Deputy Minister
- Chinese companies to invest in various industrial projects
- Myanmar calls to end illegal timber trade with China
- Myanmar urges China to invest in Kyauk Phyu SEZ