- Construction of Thilawa SEZ to begin in October
- Myanmar signs agreement with Japan to develop Thilawa SEZ
- Yangon to open commodity exchange centre
- Myanma Insurance permits five private firms for first time in 50 years
- GE proposes upgrading of gas turbines for Myanmar
- Japanese Prime Minister attends Myanmar-Japan Economic Forum
- ACE Group to open representative office in Yangon
- EU not allows Chinese grasshoppers exploiting GSP for Myanmar
- Service centre for BMW cars to be opened in Yangon
- Sumitomo, NEC, NTT to build telecom network in Myanmar
Published on Sunday, 18 November 2012 04:23
The trips between Sittwe and Buthitong will be rearranged. The Monday route from Sittwe to Buthitong and the Tuesday route from Buthitong to Sittwe will be cancelled.
A businessman explained that the trips were cancelled “because the number of passenger had decreased so much so that it cannot even cover the cost”.
Currently there are three main navigation trips in Rakhine State: Sittwe-Yathaetong-Buthitong, Sittwe-Myaypon-Kyaukpyu and Tongkote-Manaung trips. Private companies also provide navigation trips to Myaukoo, Minpya, Kyauktaw and Myaypon from Sittwe.
Kyaw Sein, a resident from Buthitong, said: “There are fewer passengers coming to Buthitong lately. I think the trips are cancelled as a result of it. Currently many people are going to Sittwe but relatively fewer people are coming back. I think it depends on the situation in the places.”