Published on Friday, 09 November 2012 17:04
The Central Bank of Myanmar will be reconstituted as an independent organisation under the direct management of the president, a source from the President’s Office says.
The move aims to facilitate national economic development by having the country’s banking system linked with international banking systems.
The President’s Office sent a message to parliament on October 26 saying the bill paving the way for the central bank’s reconstitution is already being drafted.
Business Latest News
- Myanmar approves five foreign businesses
- Myanmar's clothing industry promises growth
- Myanmar businesses accuse construction firms of tax evasion
- Over 140 joint ventures in Myanmar's growing oil and gas sector
- Hin Leong Group to expand business in Myanmar
- SingTel and partners to create job opportunities
- China's Huawei to work with Myanmar state-owned telecom
- KIA Motors to open new showrooms in Myanmar
- UK Trade Minister stresses 4 hindrances for investments in Myanmar
- Coca-Cola to expand Myanmar factory in 2013