Published on Wednesday, 07 November 2012 18:02
The KMA Shipping Company Ltd will build container wharf for the Thein Phyu Shipyards in Botahtaung Township in Yangon.
The Myanmar Investment Commission (MIC) gave KMT permission to construct the wharf under build-operate-transfer (BOT) system on October 18, according to industry sources.
The wharf will be built on 22.62 acres of area.
The KMA will invest 58,539 million kyats (US$ 68.87 million) in the project.
Earlier this year, the MIC gave permission to Royal Hi-Tech Group Company to construct wharf and jetty at Simiekone in Myin Chan district, Mandalay region, and Myanmar Annawar Swanarshin Groups Company Ltd to provide services at Ahlone Shipyards in Yangon region.
Business Latest News
- Myanmar's clothing industry promises growth
- Myanmar businesses accuse construction firms of tax evasion
- Over 140 joint ventures in Myanmar's growing oil and gas sector
- Hin Leong Group to expand business in Myanmar
- SingTel and partners to create job opportunities
- China's Huawei to work with Myanmar state-owned telecom
- KIA Motors to open new showrooms in Myanmar
- UK Trade Minister stresses 4 hindrances for investments in Myanmar
- Coca-Cola to expand Myanmar factory in 2013
- Sixteen companies granted to operate the garment industry with CMP system