- Mekong countries to integrate transport links
- Mekong ministers aim for better connectivity, trade ties
- Asean and Norway strengthens relationship
- Energy conservation campaign planned
- Thai transport sector well prepared for AEC
- Asean needs to retain and mobilise its vast savings and surpluses
- Economic volatility tops Asean CEOs' concerns
- Mc Group sets sights on neighbouring markets in run-up to AEC
- Merck upbeat on its prospects in integrated Asean
- Envirosell offers Asean consumer insights
Published on Thursday, 15 November 2012 16:34
The world top leaders from 18 nations will be attending ongoing 21st ASEAN Summit at Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
The list of participants was issued by the Ministry of Information, Cambodia on November 15.
The list stated that prime ministers and presidents of the ASEAN nations and world societies including Myanmar President Thein Sein, U.S. President Barack Obama, Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard, Chinese Prime Minister Wen Jaibao, South Korean President Lee Myunbak, Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Japanese Prime Minister Yoshihiko Noda, New Zealand Prime Minister Hon John Key and Russian Prime Minister Sergey Lavrov on behalf of President Vladimir Putin.
As the schedule, they will start arriving on November 17-19 to Phnom Penh International Airport.
The summit will also include related summits of 15th ASEAN plus three, ASEAN India and ASEAN US on November 19.
Myanmar President Thein Sein will be arriving Phnom Penh on November 17, accompanied by the delegation including Wunna Maung Lwin, the Minister of Foreign Affair, Tin Naing Thein, the Union Minister for Presidential Office, Kan Zaw, the Minister for National Planning and Economic Development, Soe Thein, the Union Minister for Presidential Office and Dr.Win Myint, deputy Union Minister for Health.
However, Myanmar authorities have not yet confirmed the arrival date to Phnom Penh, Cambodia due to President Obama visit to Myanmar.
Obama has set the date to deliver a speech at Yangon University on November 19.