An NHK TV News team has been denied permission to report in camps housing displaced families from the riots in Meikhtila, central Myanmar, according to an official from the Japanese news agency.
Last Updated on Sunday, 09 June 2013 11:04
The transport sector is ready to become part of the Asean Economic Community (AEC) as Thai driving licences are valid in member nations and trucks and buses permitted to operate in neighbouring countries without having to pass through a vehicle condition inspection, a senior Thai official said on Monday.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 05 February 2013 11:04
Asean chief executives have ranked uncertain or volatile economic growth ahead of over-regulation (77 per cent), exchange-rate volatility (72 per cent), and government response to fiscal deficits and debt burdens (70 per cent) as a potential economic and policy threat.
Last Updated on Thursday, 24 January 2013 13:42
Capital markets in Southeast Asia have the opportunity to better retain and mobilise the high savings rate and surpluses within their borders if they can further develop their local currency bond markets and improve investments among the members of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), said Standard & Poor's Ratings Services in a report published today.
Last Updated on Friday, 25 January 2013 09:50
Mc Group has set its sights on neighbouring markets, starting with Myanmar, where it has appointed a local distributor.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 22 January 2013 10:50
Asean Latest News
- NHK denied access to film refugee camps
- Thai transport sector well prepared for AEC
- Asean needs to retain and mobilise its vast savings and surpluses
- Economic volatility tops Asean CEOs' concerns
- Mc Group sets sights on neighbouring markets in run-up to AEC
- Merck upbeat on its prospects in integrated Asean
- Envirosell offers Asean consumer insights
- Chances high of Japanese investment in Dawei: minister
- Japan 'very interested' in Dawei Port project
- Bt50 bn budgeted for grid upgrade, new power plant