If Asean comes together as a single economic bloc by 2015, it would become a serious contender for investor dollars, compared with emerging economic giants China and India, said a leading economist on Monday.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 13 November 2013 12:06
Leading Southeast Asian nations voiced indignation and dismay as fresh revelations about US spying suggested that several countries in the region too were targets of hightech surveillance mounted by the National Security Agency.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 30 October 2013 13:56
Apec chief executives are optimistic of the region's long-term growth prospects, especially in Indonesia and Myanmar, which will draw foreign investment in the next several years with improved legal frameworks and basic transport infrastructures.
Last Updated on Saturday, 12 October 2013 19:49
China and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations soon will open talks on upgrading the China-Asean free trade agreement.
Last Updated on Saturday, 26 October 2013 16:05
Myanmar is due to take over as chair of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) on October 10 during a two day summit in Brunei’s capital Bandar Seri Begawan .
Last Updated on Thursday, 10 October 2013 01:49
Asean Latest News
- Asean can tussle with emergic economic giants: economist
- Fury over US spying spreads to Southeast Asia
- China, Asean to upgrade their FTA
- CEOs upbeat on future of Apec : survey
- Myanmar set to take over ASEAN chair for 2014
- ASEAN conference tackles conservation challenges in Myanmar
- Asean accepts Obama's decision
- ANN unveils regional media trends in S'pore event
- Four nations team up to present Asian museums seminar in Bagan
- Time running out to address problems ahead of AEC